Yuki Kajiura LIVE in HOLLYWOOD featuring "SAO" Jan 14, 2017 [CANCELLED]

why do you have to talk about that before the concert ?
(its kinda dangerous since if anyone from the organisers is watching the forum, they wont permit you to enter the concert)

(its kinda dangerous since if anyone from the organisers is watching the forum, they wont permit you to enter the concert)

I highly doubt there are organizers on here, besides I don't see why the Japs gotta have their panties in a bunch over 15-30secs of recording or even one picture being taken during the concert when the only reason they give to ban those actions is all contractual. There's no real logic to it.
I'm not gonna pay nearly $300-400 to go see a Concert of someone I may not get the chance for another 5-10yrs and not be able at least record a snippet or take a pic.
Tho tbh I wouldn't make the attempt considering where I'm sitting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I was in Mexico to attend Kalafina concert, the security was very strict to people who were recording. And in April, my bf was at Gazette concert here in Brazil (both of them are SME) and they did the same. So is good to be careful.

Hue, they wouldn't even know who they are based on their usernames. I also doubt they're even checking the forums.

Some people have posted their photos in here, so its not impossible to find who they are on that day, especially if they decide to go inside as group, close together.

Just reminding that @Seasonreaper was employee in one of the organisers in Anime Boston i think ? back then, so that's not impossible either. An actress who played in Hanako to Anne also posted here in the past.

Last edited:
no one has time to go back and look/keep track of who is who tbh and even if they did i doubt the organizers would go out of their way to.

banned recording sucks, but yeah i wouldn't do it bc they can kick you out …. the rock band i like (also under SME) never allows recording in their lives either. think of it this way, you're paying for good memories rather than a potentially bad snippet/pic. and if you're paying $300-400 anyway might as well enjoy the moment through your eyes rather than a screen. c:

Just reminding that @Seasonreaper was employee in one of the organisers in Anime Boston i think ? back then, so that's not impossible either. An actress who played in Hanako to Anne also posted here in the past.

Um, that wasn't me. I've never even been to Boston, nor have I been involved in the organisation of any events that anyone major would have attended.

What happens in Japan is that people take photos of the flower displays in the foyer as a memento.

PS, Miho Morikawa did live recording and had CD duplicators at her concert. If I'd realised that one could pre-order a copy of her concert, I would have done so.

I'm totally recording the whole audio lmao the fuck? This whole things gonna cost a fortune for my bitch ass BROKE ASS. I would like to listen to the live again to remind myself what I spent nearly a thousand dollars on.

If you're going to do it, at least do it subtly. One of my friends tried to take a photo whilst Kalafina were performing when we saw them and was immediately warned by one of the ushers about it. You might be able to get away with it easier since it's in the US but they seemed very strict on it over in Japan. Might've just felt that way because we here in the UK are generally pretty lax about such things (we usually just have signs saying 'don't do this' and nobody actually cares) but I'd still be wary. You don't want to spend a grand just to get kicked out and miss most of the show now, do you?

Oh hell no I'm not gonna take pics of them on stage - just purely audio. Gonna have to find the best way to do it. I usually put my phone in the pocket on my shirt that's on my chest and leave the microphone part sticking out to secretly record conversations at meetings and it works fine and sounds clear

^ Τhank you!! I bet they filmed both vids on same day XD

interesting background story in the video, but I doubt if that scene she menthions is representative of the rest of the series after the 1st arc XD

There's no real way of knowing for sure. Problem is a lot of Kajiura fans don't care for her work on SAO (quite a few comments I saw on posts seem to be asking why she's not performing other scores) and I suspect a lot of SAO's fan base don't even know who Kajiura is, or even care.

Problem is if this fails it'll probably send the message of the US not caring about Japanese composers more than it'll send the message about people wanting different material.

I noticed they've added more VIP tix (in front of the ORCH section). Maybe I'm wrong but I think the tix aren't selling good....

IK NOW I'M REALLY REGRETTING NOT WAITING UNTIL BUYING THE TICKET :( I could've gotten autographs whyyy

But yeah it really does look like the tickets arent selling well and that really sucks. I feel like it would've been a LOT more successful if it was just a normal YK Live but ugh...

Lucky me. I'm glad I waited.

Still, I really hope bad sales don't discourage Kajiura from performing another concert in the US.

But yeah it really does look like the tickets arent selling well and that really sucks. I feel like it would've been a LOT more successful if it was just a normal YK Live but ugh...

Her concert for Anime Expo 2012 sold really well if I remember correctly, so I think it's safe to say sales would be much better if this was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back