Yuki Kajiura to compose for Chinese Movie “L.O.R.D.”

Second Kajiura track with male vocals? (or did I forget something after Shoot).

Edit: That keychange before the bridge, why? So lame. And then it goes backs to the original key when the guy comes back... Feels like they inserted a random BGM as the bridge. SAO flashbacks where it would cut to the damn swordland strings at every opportunity.
Edit2: TBH I felt it was rather boring as a whole... I'd probably enjoy it more if it was just the guy parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third.

Shoot, Tears fall from my heart, and now this.

Other than having a male singer, it's nothing special, but it's enojyable, hue.

Second Kajiura track with male vocals? (or did I forget something after Shoot).

After shoot, if it counts, there was a duo ver of Yume no Tsubasa with Yui Makino (Sakura) and Miyu Irino (Shaoran)

My fav part of this new song is probably the horns, since she has never used it in none-kajiurago song.

The chorus is better than the first song too.

Edit: That keychange before the bridge, why? So lame. And then it goes backs to the original key when the guy comes back... Feels like they inserted a random BGM as the bridge. SAO flashbacks where it would cut to the damn swordland strings at every opportunity.

Basically, i think the guy's voice is too soft for the chorus part.

guys is like lalalalala
chorus is like lalalala at the part

lyrics from the description ( i have posted a partial translation of the other song in the lyrics thread)

作词:郭敬明/落落
作曲:梶浦由记
演唱:陈学冬

Google translate:

Lyrics: Guo Jingming / yo
Composer: Kajiura Yuki
Concert: Chen Xue Dong

一粒沙 埋在鬓角下
从掌心 开出花 芬芳的沙哑

一句话 能有多牵挂
说爱恨 说誓言 荒凉的庆典

转眼间 英雄已经暮年
你是否 依然孤灯难眠

梦见你我当年
惊鸿一面

肩上纱 化作膝上花
青山的呼唤 万古的伤叹

人世间 有太多恩怨
都来自甘愿 背叛与缠绵

风吹沙 吹败你的无暇
雪融化 化成你梦中白马

你远去的步伐

谁在你 鬓角中埋下
一朵似曾相识 带血的梅花

小窗前 谁还红着眼
等着你再出现 温热那杯盏

与我话当年

with the 2 songs comming out whole on YouTube like that I wonder if they will do the same for the soundtrack :ayashii: :XD:

Last edited:
^ yes about the horns. and this definitely adds to the hokuto no ken feeling.

i enjoyed it a bit. it's nothing special though. I feel like they are trying to go for a hobbit misty mountains cold like concept for some reason...

because it has many LOTR elements in :XD: beside the obvious copy of legolas there's also big white eagles, najguls that destroy towers, walking trees and more. even the abriviation is LORD . Where is the ring ? :XD:

@Kugayama, I would guess it might be because it's forgettable to those who don't remember it? :p I doubt I remember more than a 3rd of Kajiura's tracks at this point. Most of it started blending together years ago (and I don't mean the quality of her music necessarily but because of how much of it there is).

@george1234, I actually like how the guy sings. I don't like the random bridge in a different key which could've been a seperate BGM. At least then I could choose whether I wanted to listen to the guy or the BGM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like this version. The guy has a nice tone to his voice and makes it more calm but more powerful at the same time. It's hard to explain, but music makes you feel weird things.

Out from the movie. A fair amount of female chorus music, and at least one bit of Yuri Kasahara vocals, plus music based on the theme tune.

Mori Yasunori appeared in the end credits as music producer after Yuki Kajiura as composer.

I still love the first version. (I think it's just because I prefer the energetic one to a calm one.) The instrumental part in the second one reminds me of Hear our prayer...:@_@:. Structure-wise, I agree with Grunty that they sounds like they're made from putting 2-3 separated BGMs together.

The first show in Thailand is about the end of October. I may go as well.

P. S. About "the obvious copy of legolas", I think you can find a bulk of "white-haired elves" in Ice Fantasy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86VphklkSE , the recent work of this director...:plot:. LOTR's material may be general for a story in this genre, but I think the similarity in character&costume design is a bit too much...:swt:.

Some things that Kuga told me in chat about the movie.

- The movie was 113 mins long
- around 4-5 kajiurago including the little ones by Kasahara
- main instrument was synch strings and piano
- the ost fits alright and he thinks its closer to mai-hime even though he is terrible at comparing OSTs
- movie had borrowings from LOTR, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, FSN

Just got back form watching this movie. Wow. I know Kajiura has written music for shitty productions, but this is a whole new level. The movie was just a mess.

The music was pretty nice. It's definitely "epic" Kajiura, so lots of strings, arabic sounds, and chanting. Eri, Hanae, and Yuri all show up, and they really put in the work; their pieces were the stand outs of the soundtrack. If I were to compare this to any of her previous soundtracks, I'd say it has a little Hokuto, a little Elemental Gelade, and a lot of f/z.

One more bit that really stood out was the sound direction. It was shit. I don't know what happened here, but it was just amateur hour throughout the entire movie. Happy tracks playing during serious moments, overdramatic music playing during scenes that should have been silent, the direction was all over the place. Mixing was awful too, since there were several moments when the music was overpowering the dialogue or too silent to be heard.

tl:dr Movie was shit-tier. Soundtrack was good; but nothing new.

Back