New song "wonderland" composed by Y. Kajiura, included in AIMER's 6th album Walpurgis

Michelle

I adore Yuki
Aimer announced the release of her 6th album Walpurgis on April 14, 2021 during her online concert just earlier. Track 7 “wonderland” is a new song composed by Kajiura. “Haru wa Yuku” is part of the track listing too.

https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/aimer/info/524363
edit: Walpurgis album teaser following the concert stream (watching the fan club one) includes a short preview of “wonderland”. I personally approve of this song.

edit #2: same teaser shown in stream; “wonderland” starts at 1:02

https://twitter.com/Aimer_and_staff/status/1332295108394319872/
edit #3: YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-d2wfrB3YE&t=61

Last edited:
Finally some solo violin ! Hope its not just bridge. The style seems to be a combo of lacrimosa and bad apple from tohou lol

Last edited:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE AIMER IS ALWAYS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also very fitting that the album is called Walpurgis lol.)

Also, one more thing, the news article on the home page says that Hana no Uta will be on the album, but shouldn’t it say Haru wa Yuku?

April 14?!?!?
That's some early announcement.

Anyhuuu, I approve of this sample. (Though I wish the English lyric wasn't what it is.)

Where is the Aimer x Yuki collab album? Hopefully they do a compilation once they have enough songs together.

April 14?!?!?
That's some early announcement.
Seriously, that's a bit over 4 months away. Who announces albums this early? And If there are samples, doesn't that mean the album is done recording?
Wait... what if this was what Kajiura was recording a couple of weeks ago?

To me it still sounds like something that was supposed to be in a Kalafina album, but its good.
It sounds great with Aimer, so if it is indeed a kala leftover I'm glad they didn't get to sing it.

Where is the Aimer x Yuki collab album? Hopefully they do a compilation once they have enough songs together.
Doesn’t her Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] EP limited release count, or do you mean a full-length along the lines of UnChild? If Aimer can make a whole album with Hiroyuki Sawano, I don’t see why not.

Doesn’t her Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] EP limited release count, or do you mean a full-length along the lines of UnChild? If Aimer can make a whole album with Hiroyuki Sawano, I don’t see why not.
It did count.
But that was way2limited and way2expensive for that shitty DVD only extra IMHO.

And now there's more songs.

Seriously, that's a bit over 4 months away. Who announces albums this early? And If there are samples, doesn't that mean the album is done recording?
Wait... what if this was what Kajiura was recording a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah, I wouldn’t be shocked if Kajiura was recording for it. Anyways, five out of fourteen tracks are still untitled, but who knows how many of those she’s recorded already. It’s still an insanely early announcement. However, I do think it was a bit of a lost opportunity to not release it on April 28th, the last Wednesday before Walpurgis Night. That would have been nice if she wanted to do an April release.

In a less-serious mode, what am I supposed to do to quell the anticipation? Listen to all her discography again? Listen to YK on repeat? Oh well, at least I’ll have Leo-NiNE, as well as Lantana & WC Anime Classics when they come out. Oh, and Blooming, too. Still, Aimer, why do you have to announce it this early?

Yeah, I wouldn’t be shocked if Kajiura was recording for it.
Mmm she was at the studio again yesterday, but it's probably for something else cause I doubt they would have the song recorded and mixed in one day for the sample... right?
Edit: whoops, and she was in the studio again today.

It wasnt just the sample, the MV was ready too as shown in the YT video, which is safe to asume that the whole song and whole MV for it are already done at least a month now, since MV includes Aimer's replacement model, that little girl, the goat children, the staff for the shoutin, ladies that help the utahimes change and makeup, which from what we ve seen from FJYuuka's making offs need at least a van to move around,. She probably records for something else thats still secret.

EDIT: The more i listen to the song sample the more it seems like part of the bridge, kinda like Kouya Ruten's one.

Last edited:
It sounds kind of chaotic from just that little bit. Might be like I beg you again... I shall wait for the full thing though. Thanks for the update!

hmm I have a feeling wonderland isn't the only song Kajiura composed in this album and HwY ofc. Aimer kinda noisy in twitter bragging the album of how good it is. She NEVER did it in her previous albums before(not counting her collab of Fate/Kajiura stuff) + she always kinda tweet about the song whenever Kajiura do it (Hana no Uta and I Beg You she fangirling lol) and I should have called it when I mentioned in speculah thread that one utahime is recording a song which isnt Yuriko but Aimer instead lol. So the next songs not announced yet might be another Kajiura....:ayashii:

If there's 2 more besides wonderland and Haru wa yuku, I'll get it.

Edit: OK, I'm editing that line out before more people take it 2seriously. While I'm not optimistic about next year at all, it was also supposed to be a joke on the far away release date.

Last edited:
I just saw this bit on wikipedia about Aimer. " At the age of 15, Aimer lost her voice due to over-usage of her vocal cords and was forced to undergo silence therapy for treatment. However, that did not stop her, and after she recovered, she acquired her distinctive husky voice.[5][6] "

I just saw this bit on wikipedia about Aimer. " At the age of 15, Aimer lost her voice due to over-usage of her vocal cords and was forced to undergo silence therapy for treatment. However, that did not stop her, and after she recovered, she acquired her distinctive husky voice.[5][6] "
Interesting... Now I wonder how her voice was before...@~@.

Not much related, but if you know a manga named "Dragon Voice", this story is quite the same as the main protagonist of the story.

I really thought most here already knew her husky voice(or generally, most husky voice was due to over usage/some other circumstances AFAIK) was the result from vocal cords trauma....That's why whenever I sometimes got annoyed when she prolong her notes, I kind of understood that she probably cannot control those so I don't say some awful things about it...

Back