BRAVELY DEFAULT

J

joel_jman

So I'm posting this new discussion thread for the 2012 3DS game BRAVELY DEFAULT: FLYING FAIRY.

Welp, I wouldn't have known this game if Revo didn't compose the music for it. As far as the OST is concerned, it gained lots of praises from non-Sound Horizon fan gamers. I'm really loving the OSTs too. Definitely not tiring when you're listening to it in the game.

On the visual, I can just say "WOW" It really looked good for the eyes. When you turn on the 3D function, it's even better. :touched:

On the story... well. It starts a very simplistic Final Fantasy (first generations) plot until Chapter 5. See for yourselves~ :tea:

Also, Bravely Default uses most of the features of the 3DS like streetpass, spotpass, Augmented Reality (trailer), and camera (later in game as a part of the story).

But what amazed me is the relation of Bravely Default to Final Fantasy...
See, when you take away the Final Fantasy (FF) in the "Bravely Default Flying Fairy" you get the turning point of the plot of the game... :plot:

So anyone here who played the game?
How'd you like it?

I am loving the game so much that I even have to sneak in some playtime even in office hours. *must stop bad habit lol*
Also, since I only got the regular edition, I plan to buy the OST from CDJapan anytime soon, and perhaps the small diary single as well.

Right now I am just mastering all of the jobs I have got so far, so that I can just focus on the story later on. Just one more job to get though.

^:omgz: mastering all the jobs for each character? that must take a lot of time :cry:
I'm still in the end of chapter 3 about to enter chapter 4

my current job set up is:
Tiz - Ranger/Thief
Agnes - Performer/White Mage
Ringabel - Summoner/Black Mage
Edea - Valkyrie/Spell Fencer

On my first playthrough, I mixed up the job classes randomly and my characters were a mess :(

welp, you're from Phil too right? I've asked for a limited edition too but the stores I frequently go told me they don't sell limited eds... but I saw a shin megami limited and hakuoki limited in their rack :knife:

but welp, I already have the osts and the luxendarc kikou single and album minus the live concert BD from 2012 so I just bought the regular.

It seems Bravely Default also uses the gyroscope ^0^

I've now changed one of my characters to Arcanist \(^0^ ) I was skeptical about using this one coz all the abilities seemed to have "conditions" but after getting the support ability "status ailment amp", I was a bit confident :plot:

The abilities that I used for my arcanist...
Black Mage - Group-Cast All for "Poison"
Arcanist - Status Ailment Amp for higher chance of inflicting Poison
Arcanist - Exterminate for a very heavy dark magic damage amounting to more than 6000+ for non-dark magic resistant enemies.... at 4 MP!!! The Black Magic and Summons costs a lot but can never damage that much :TdT:

:ghost: if that deals a whooping 6000+ per enemy, I wonder how the damage will be if coupled with White Mage - Epic Group-Cast which disregards division of magic damage.

:touched:

Anyways, I've constantly updated my streetpass Friend Summon but sadly, all I get in return are Friend Summons with Potions :cry:

^ Yeah. I also get those kind of friend summon on streetpass too.

So you are using the poison-exterminate combo? Nice one.
Meanwhile, I deal with creeps just by spamming braving death skill with the group-cast all, and it works as a charm too. Does not work for undead type of monsters though.

As for bosses, someone using both pirate and swordmaster abilities will be helpful, especially if you have a ninja in your party that can make your foes direct their attacks on the pirate. You can then finish the battle with lunch out then a series of Amped strikes (4x normal damage)

It took me a while to find the actual date of the Bravely Default concert - listed on the Japanese wikipedia page for the game:

"2012年11月25日にはBGMを担当したRevoLinked Horizon)によるコンサート「Revo Linked BRAVELY DEFAULT Concert」を横浜アリーナにて開催(昼夜二回公演)。指揮者に千住明を招き、東京シティ・フィルハーモニック管弦楽団と共演。また、タイアップとして同ゲーム内で使用できるRevo本人のフレンド召喚データが2012年11月25日 - 12月1日の期間限定で配信された。コンサートの様子は後に『ルクセンダルク紀行』としてDVD化。"

^Yes Kuga, that is the one :sohappy:
I really love the battle theme medley. Can't say I like the vocal version though since most of the singers are lackluster.

Currently mastering all the jobs :ghost:

@Chris: ooh I see, I was afraid to use Amp Strike coz of the MP cost :hide: but it's a good streetpass summon move :sparkleguy: Do you activate you streetpass or spotpass? The norende shop exclusive item "growth egg" helps a lot :ghost: I have 11 streetpass Norende residents at the moment, though :hide:

For my melee units, during level grinding, I use Dual Wield, Dagger Lore with Assasin Blade, and Multitasking. It has 50% (combined) chance of OHKO and has a 25% chance of hitting more than the maximum brave attacks :sohappy:

Currently I'm in the middle of Eisenburg right now, I think right before getting the pirate asterisk (it's been a while since I last played), story-wise. And for me, you don't need to bother with spoilers because I already know the general path of the story (including plot twists) XD. Here's what I guess my stats are currently (I don't have the game in front of me).

Edea: Knight (Spell Fencer as Support)
Tiz: Ranger (Monk as Support)
Agnes: White Mage (Time Mage as Support)
Ringabel: Red Mage (Valkyrie as Support)

IDK their levels, but I think they're in the mid 30s. I really need to grind... Mrgrgr...

As for how I'm enjoying the game: This game is awesome. The visuals are eye-candy, the music is one of the best (if not the best) OSTs I've heard from a game I've played. Lastly, I finally found a game where the english voice actors are better than mediocre! The only ones I don't really like so far are Tiz and Airy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravely Second: End Layer release date confirmed for North America: April 15 2016

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bravely-second-end-layer-coming-to-us-in-april-col/1100-6433961/

A collector's edition has been announced, which includes the game card, a 250-page art book, and a 10-song soundrack CD (composed by Ryo, if I'm not mistaken).

Why doesn't NA get the Agnès figure and the complete soundtrack like the EU version...? :cry:

EDIT: The release for the EU version is 26 February 2016.

http://www.destructoid.com/european...er-collector-s-edition-confirmed-334224.phtml

Bravely Second: End Layer release date confirmed for North America: April 15 2016

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bravely-second-end-layer-coming-to-us-in-april-col/1100-6433961/

A collector's edition has been announced, which includes the game card, a 250-page art book, and a 10-song soundrack CD (composed by Ryo, if I'm not mistaken).

Why doesn't NA get the Agnès figure and the complete soundtrack like the EU version...? :cry:

EDIT: The release for the EU version is 26 February 2016.

http://www.destructoid.com/european...er-collector-s-edition-confirmed-334224.phtml
If you can afford/if you care CDJ has both the full OST's of the second and first game. Just type each game's name into the search box. Also was the first one done by a guy in Sound Horison? I believe the first one is listed under credits as REVO, Unlike the new soundtrack.

the new OST is done by supercell, and there are few tracks from the old game too.
Revo is the leader of Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon so you cant really say "a guy from" XD

the new OST is done by supercell, and there are few tracks from the old game too.
Revo is the leader of Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon so you cant really say "a guy from" XD
Whoops, I had no clue. The name just sounded familiar

the new OST is done by supercell
Not supercell, but just ryo. Ryo is the composer for supercell as well as Bravely Second, but the only place where supercell is listed is for the theme song "Great Distance"; the artist for that song is listed as "ryo (supercell) feat. chelly". Which is pretty much EGOIST :XD:

Basically the difference between FictionJunction and Yuki Kajiura herself.

Ordered my collector's edition online from GameStop! :dote:

Didn't have to pay anything because I got a million GameStop gift cards from Christmas:XD:

Nice~ I havent yet listened to End Layer's OST besides the trailer music. Is the music any good?

I bought the OST of thefirst game morr than a year before it was confirmed for an NA release! Nyaha~

It's such a shame Revo couldn't return to compose for it :( Instead we got the numerous Attack on Titan songs :bloodlust: I forgot how many songs were released for this past the single; i rememver reading that the next songs reuses the melody from the first one; and the Nein album which I started forgetting LOL

^It's a different style compared to Revo's OST. It's more rockish from what I've heard, which is the Character special move songs. It doesn't have as much as of a melody as Default's, though...

Ordered my collector's edition online from GameStop! :dote:

Didn't have to pay anything because I got a million GameStop gift cards from Christmas:XD:
So lucky. It's like $200.
^It's a different style compared to Revo's OST. It's more rockish from what I've heard, which is the Character special move songs. It doesn't have as much as of a melody as Default's, though...
MORE rockish? When I listened to the first game's OST through It seemed pretty rockish. funny, it doesn't seem that way in game.

Back