Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

^ Thought so too. Last season (1st half) he had left one of the epic scenes without music, and on first episodes he's always sampling the tracks as if he doesnt really like them :(

The sound director is the same guy kajiura worked with on KnK and FZ so he obviously knows how to use a soundtrack to create atmosphere. I think he really just doesn't care about SAO as a project.

Reactions: aki
^ Well even if he doesnt care, doesnt he have to do his job right ? I dont think the fans of either Kajiura or SAO will be happy to see music that's supposedly for an other game, to be used in an other unrelated game, if you get what I mean, although I have to admit that "a narrow path" was fit to the scene it was used, but the rest of the S1 ones in this ep didnt.

^i know exactly what you mean. That's why I think SAO would be a lot better if it had a different staff behind it.

I dont think the fans of either Kajiura or SAO will be happy to see music that's supposedly for an other game, to be used in an other unrelated game,

I don't think people care about that, really. The music is for the series, not for the game itself, and it's really common for series to use music from previous seasons.
The real problem here is the music for the series is underwhelming.

yes, which begs the question as to whether Kajiura cared or not. (an issue which I touched upon before)
I still believe that she doesn't care about this series. The music sounds like a rushed effort yet it somehow doesn't have her "sound" if you know what I mean. Despite the fact that the series is so popular, she's never come forward with an interview about her feelings toward the work. Compare this to FZ, KnK, and Madoka, where she clearly made an effort to define a mood and atmosphere for the series even if the music didn't stand out.

I also remember someone said that the only time she tweeted about SAO was after episode two of the first season, and it was just to say that Remi sang the battle theme.

^Yeah, it really is a shame, I think the series had a good concept too overall (the whole virtual world thing in both seasons) but the music was used poorly. There were some really great songs in the first season, but this one is lacking. I hope she comes on for the second half still, if they are still making it 24 episodes. Does anyone know if they will take a break after they finish GGO?

(Have not watched the ep yet, going to tomorrow. But I agree with sora about the use of music in Madoka especially. I mean, I think I loved the Rebellion soundtrack more than the show's music, and I think it is one of her greatest recent works, along with Hanako. It just seemed like maybe she was overwhelmed so she only did a lot of sfx tracks.)

I still believe that she doesn't care about this series. The music sounds like a rushed effort yet it somehow doesn't have her "sound" if you know what I mean. Despite the fact that the series is so popular, she's never come forward with an interview about her feelings toward the work. Compare this to FZ, KnK, and Madoka, where she clearly made an effort to define a mood and atmosphere for the series even if the music didn't stand out.

Well she did made some comments here for the winning tracks http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews/sao-award-kajiura-comments/ but yes she doesnt seem much excited (more like "Im surprised you came to love these tracks which I so lazily composed lol "

I think its not very safe to connect her interest about the show with interviews since there's a number of past projects she didnt comment /got interviewed about either, like el cazador, elemental gerad, pandora hearts (she only recently said something like "It was fun composing for it" when the manga ended" )

Well she did made some comments here for the winning tracks http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews/sao-award-kajiura-comments/ but yes she doesnt seem much excited (more like "Im surprised you came to love these tracks which I so lazily composed lol "

I think its not very safe to connect her interest about the show with interviews since there's a number of past projects she didnt comment /got interviewed about either, like el cazador, elemental gerad, pandora hearts (she only recently said something like "It was fun composing for it" when the manga ended" )
Actually, she did a full interview with the author of pandora hearts.

Indeed, but if I recall well, this interview was published quite some time (years) after the show was airing, plus that nobody has so far translated it so we dont know her opinion about it. Still,
I remember many people disappointed by the PH ost, especially the second one.

^ Thank you, it has to be that one :D

Is that blog yours, or we need to ask the owner for borrowing his/her translation ?
Not mine but they didn't say anything about permission so I'm assuming it's okay to share

Back