Pics Discussion Topic

Speaking of the pamphlets...

A few weeks ago someone from the forums sent me a PM requesting for the e-book scans. I already have them uploaded to Mediafire, so I thought I might as well ask if anyone else here would be interested (since those pamphlets have been around for awhile). I have volumes #4, #7, #9 and #10.

I would be very interested in vol#7 ! I'll pm you later :D thank you very much for the offer!

New one (I think) from Imo-san :dote:
https://twitter.com/imoji3/status/504145862507761664

Bv8V_LiCEAAga11.jpg

Oh, then I guess that pic is most probably from an FJC magazine. I wonder where's Kajiura-san's, Kaori's and Wakana's messages :comeback:

Regarding scans and pamphlets of Kalafina and FJ stuff, this link has both in HQ - more Kalafina than FJ but still HQ! :love:

:XD:

Regarding scans and pamphlets of Kalafina and FJ stuff, this link has both in HQ - more Kalafina than FJ but still HQ! :love:

:XD:

Wohoo! Thanks @PeachPitt321! Those scans look gorgeous :dote:

I'm thinking of getting the Kalafina 5th Book, but then I looked at CDJapan's shipping costs and it's more or less the same as the price of the book itself and I was like :blood: Maybe next time... I totally blew this month's budget on a Blu-ray player in preparation for vol. #11 BD :touched: Anyone with the Kala 5th Book can advise on whether the book is worth it to buy?

Wohoo! Thanks @PeachPitt321! Those scans look gorgeous :dote:

I'm thinking of getting the Kalafina 5th Book, but then I looked at CDJapan's shipping costs and it's more or less the same as the price of the book itself and I was like :blood: Maybe next time... I totally blew this month's budget on a Blu-ray player in preparation for vol. #11 BD :touched: Anyone with the Kala 5th Book can advise on whether the book is worth it to buy?

I met someone in Paris with the 5th Book- and honestly if you want 200 pages of just gorgeous pictures from 2008- Hikaru Furu , then I recommend it ! CD Japan has it on sale for £18 , though there are only 4 copies in stock left so grab it quick >_<

The 5th book is part of the order I'm still deciding on myself. Getting that, 5 CDs, the Red Moon live, a couple pamphlets and the 2015 calendar sits me with a minimum 8k yen shipping cost :imdead:.

I might have to do it though. Not the first huge order I've done from them, nor the most costly.

I met someone in Paris with the 5th Book- and honestly if you want 200 pages of just gorgeous pictures from 2008- Hikaru Furu , then I recommend it ! CD Japan has it on sale for £18 , though there are only 4 copies in stock left so grab it quick >_<

Thanks! I *might* get it next week haha :shy:

For now I have to consider which shipping option to use. It's weird that FedEx is even cheaper than EMS, Registered Air Mail and Air Mail, and only slightly more expensive than SAL and Registered SAL (according to CDJapan's Shipping Charge Calculator). Over here in Malaysia the government imposes additional freight charge on shipping by courier companies that adds to the total costs of purchase. What it does it that it makes it easier to exceed the threshold for taxable imports. I've been heavily taxed on previous CDJapan purchases shipped using FedEx a few months ago, so I'm trying to avoid using FedEx if I can :faint:

The 5th book is part of the order I'm still deciding on myself. Getting that, 5 CDs, the Red Moon live, a couple pamphlets and the 2015 calendar sits me with a minimum 8k yen shipping cost :imdead:.

I might have to do it though. Not the first huge order I've done from them, nor the most costly.

That's a lot for only shipping cost! :omgz: Do you mainly get stuff from CDJapan? If it's for CDs and LIVE BDs/DVDs I would recommend buying from HMV since it's significantly cheaper (they offer multibuy discounts most of the time). For some reason the EMS costs quoted are also significantly lesser than CDJapan's. I haven't looked back (to CDJapan) since I discovered HMV :XD: But for pamphlets and photobooks, there's no other choice (that I know of) but CDJapan... :rain:

^ The reason that I use CD Japan over HMV and amazon.co.jp is the very decent packaging (which might add to the weight for shipping) in addition to the service, and the shipping options (EMS works better for receiving stuff at a post office with full tracking).

^ Ah yes, if you care a lot about the packaging I suppose CDJapan is the way to go. I only care about the parcel content (as long as it's not damaged), so HMV works for me. I have 2 boxes from CDJapan that I chucked aside until now because I don't know what to do with it :XD: Also, since HMV's packaging is more standard, it easily slips under the radar of the customs officer in my home country. With CDJapan's packaging, they attract more attention.

HMV only ships by EMS, but so far my experience with it is all good (4 shipments for 12 items thus far). The parcels were delivered straight to my office within a week and tracking is reliable :goodjob: Also they only charged me actual costs incurred for shipping and handling. For example, the initial shipping + handling costs quoted at the time of purchase might be 1,500 Yen, but actual costs incurred after despatch was 1,100 Yen; I only got charged 1,100 Yen in the end. I'm really satisfied with their service :ohoho:

That's a lot for only shipping cost! :omgz: Do you mainly get stuff from CDJapan? If it's for CDs and LIVE BDs/DVDs I would recommend buying from HMV since it's significantly cheaper (they offer multibuy discounts most of the time). For some reason the EMS costs quoted are also significantly lesser than CDJapan's. I haven't looked back (to CDJapan) since I discovered HMV :XD: But for pamphlets and photobooks, there's no other choice (that I know of) but CDJapan... :rain:

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous. I just put in my order a few minutes ago, finally went for it. Got the 5th History book, Progressive, Magia and Kagayaku pamphlets/photo albums (the latter of which I'm sure wasn't there a couple days ago...), regular copies of Progressive and Storia singles for those amazing b-sides, a copy of FictionJunction's elemental, the Red Moon live BD, the 2015 calendar and the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack (one of these is not like the others~). With the 30% discount on the 5th History and the extra points available on the live BD and calendar it seemed a good time to go for those in particular, the rest was more in regards to bulking the order out. I've been planning on adding Kala singles to my orders anyway as I want those b-sides.

My luck with customs is awful anyway (all those figurines didn't help :ayashii:) so I'll be hit unless they decide to mark the package as books, which'll exempt it (I can hope :TdT:). 8000 yen flat for SAL or 9740 for EMS is suffering though :punched:. I've wanted the 5th History since before it was released though, so it'll be good to finally have it. My October is completely devoid of any other expenses that I know of, so forcing a delay on everything so it coincides with the calendar release is handy. I don't know any other stores that do that.

^ In Australia we don't get hit with import duties unless the package is valued at AUD$1000 or more, but for some reason the shipping to here is slower from Japan than shipping from Japan to USA.

That's one benefit of Australia I guess. Meanwhile we in the UK get import charges of anything above £15, or £40 if it's a gift. Books and printed media are exempt, but that's about it.

Back