Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Wow, listening to it now! I like it a lot more. Keiko's part right after the tv size ver! Wakana's part... beautiful! The background reminds me of progressive a bit. The quiet part of Wakana in the second verse... and the sun just came out after being rainy while listening to it. So great! heh The chorus gets stuck in my head now, more than HB. Thanks to all! And yay! Just got to the violin part. hehe Wait, that isn't the ending to the song, since this is only 4:21 and the full song is 4:49. I can't wait to see how it ends. I really do like the full version a lot better though.

Thanks. I think the song is okay. Definitely growing on me. That Keiko part is great, even if it's short.

And...
Thank god Kalafina got the Tohsaka Rin side of the picture as the 2nd postcard. (the other side is Shitrou)

Now to decide on the 1st postcard... Orz

A perfect example of why I think that you shouldn't judge a tv version or in other words an incomplete version of a song, because that's what it is for me and nothing else! I love it!:love: It's a lot more interesting in terms of its composition than Heavenly Blue. Instead it's more like to the beginning, which is a very good thing since I love that song!

Thanks a lot D-chan!

@ D-chan : Wow that was fast!

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the arrangement. The intro was longer and cooler than I thought and after the TV size end it jumped right on the next vocal part (lacking transition here) and it didnt have an instrumental bridge. Also the part after the vocal bridge was kinda different and not copy - paste of the TV size like it was in to the beginning and consolation. The strings at the end were cool too. The song would be even better if the after bridge kajiurago and guitar part wasnt copy-paste of the instro but something different ^_^

The harmonies are really nice! The song is something between to the beginning and seventh heaven :XD:

I think I like it alot more now! :sohappy:

Last edited:
It still souds like HB, but a lot nicer! I'm liking it more now, but I haven't change my mind. Anyway, I'm sure I'll love it if I watch any live video of it some day, as it always happens to me.

Because the instrumental part is at the end, I think Yuki switched it for some reason. I think it actually transitions nicely. A lot better than HB.

@Liana: the only transition flaw is between Tv-size end and Keiko's part. It goes straight without any attempt to lower the tempo gradualy, with drums or guitar, and its kinda weird like that imo

near the end of the strings (at the end of the song) you can hear chorus starting so I guess that's how the remaining 28 sec are spent

Last edited:
@george1234 seventh heaven? please.

I think the only parts I like are 20 sec from the beginning and last 15 sec(hope it develops). Guess what I think of the whole song.

I only like the intro and verses (not the Keiko&bridge one) like in the TV size. The transition to Keiko's bridge is terrible, and the exact repetition of the intro before Wakana's 2nd verse is lame. Keiko's part with Hikaru sounds kinda awkward and the bridge is just lamelamelamelamelamelamelame.

@george1234: I don't think there's going to be any more of that chorus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, the full version is growing on me a little. It's still not great compared to what they can do though, and that's the problem. The other issue is it sounds as if they recorded the intro, first verse and chorus, then the bridge, then the strings at the end, realised it was too short and copypasted a repeat of the first bit after the bridge again.

In fact, after a few more listens, I'm liking the bits I like more, and starting to dislike the bits I don't like more. It's gone from more 'this is kinda bad' overall to 'this is part decent, part awful'.

It definitely sounds better as a full version, at least it sounds more well rounded and complete. And I can hear more of Hikaru and Keiko now too.

I only like the intro and verses (not the Keiko&bridge one) like in the TV size. The transition to Keiko's bridge is terrible, and the exact repetition of the intro before Wakana's 2nd verse is lame. Keiko's part with Hikaru sounds kinda awkward and the bridge is just lamelamelamelamelamelamelame.

@george1234: I don't think there's going to be any more of that chorus.

+1 to grunty. Me no like the bridge. seeing people mentioned about Keiko got a solo part gets my hope up, too bad I think her part is nothing special (plus the transition is even worse than HB), and the Hikaru bits is awkward, that and the rest of the bridge is Wakana's wailing. No.

I like the intro a lot, and the 2nd verse is actually quite cool as well, with less harmony and less lyrics.

This expanded version is nice. It's a little repetitive towards the end and some of the transitions are a bit jarring but it's nice. I hope the full version isn't just a repeat of the first verse.

Back