「Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2014」

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000109421

21cw5li.jpg

Found this on twitter. It's a newspaper review of the 11/1 Tokyo live! Don't know which paper this is though. Yomiuri's evening paper.

Reviewer states that he can enjoy the music even as someone who doesn't watch anime, mentions that people of different ages and gender enjoy their music, glow/light sticks are banned (people associate them with anison, negatively) and that they shouldn't hold a bias against them just because they are involved in anime. It's a really positive review.
b1wcg9icmaaen1x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, poor Wakana, maybe the stress just got to her. I would still love her and support them, actually I still do I should say, of course. But I love that Keiko just kept singing and went to check on her as well, and then Waka seemed okay after that. This live seemed great though, what was the new song like Smiley? Is it on the Believe single, or is it a completely new song? I wonder how believe was. Ahh I want to see them again. Also I know I keep saying this but I love the black dresses and love Konno in the background of that pic raising his bow. I love it when he twirls it when he is standing.

I really hope we get some high res pictures of those dresses soon. They're absolutely gorgeous. This sounds like it was a really good live from all the positive feedback that's been going around too.

Found this on twitter. It's a newspaper review of the 11/1 Tokyo live! Don't know which paper this is though. Yomiuri's evening paper.

Reviewer states that he can enjoy the music even as someone who doesn't watch anime, mentions that people of different ages and gender enjoy their music, glow/light sticks are banned (people associate them with anison, negatively)

I thought that YK was of the opinion that cyalumes were wasteful and potentially dangerous and didn't allow them at concerts for those reasons?
(Since 2013, multi-colour penlights have largely replaced cyalumes except for the ultra-orange variety).

I thought that YK was of the opinion that cyalumes were wasteful and potentially dangerous and didn't allow them at concerts for those reasons?
(Since 2013, multi-colour penlights have largely replaced cyalumes except for the ultra-orange variety).
The reporter felt obliged to mention that despite being an anime song artist, kalafina bans the glow sticks, which is a staple of anime lives, and generally associated with otaku culture. The general opinion of waving those lights are not positive. There are some who don't even like it when kalafina fans use their hands in place of those sticks. I think the general public might find it intimidating to attend lives where you are expected to learn when to do certain poses. So this was written to assure them that they don't have to.

I think I even saw someone express displeasure when a fair portion of the crowd near the front of the stage in the Tokyo live did not do the ichijou pose for Ongaku. I find it insane that they would expect everyone to know about it, or that everyone needs to do that. It is one part of otaku concert culture that I personally don't like (the expectations), and feel that it needs to stay out of yk lives. Kajiura and kalafina have reiterated that fans should enjoy the lives however they want, which is a stance I support. Some of us just want to sit down and concentrate on listening. Their songs aren't even well suited for them anyway.

I didn't know the reason kajiura had for banning them. I thought it was purely because it didn't suit them.

I hope we get a bluray release... I need a performance of Tsuioku. :plz: And the dresses look fabulous! (Okay, coloured strip is a bit weird, but the overall elegance overrides that).

I can understand why glowing sticks were banned. Well, kinda. They'd get annoying after a while anyway. Although Kalafina have made songs for anime, they're not a normal j-pop band, and having glowsticks at the concert would feel very generic to me.

The reporter felt obliged to mention that despite being an anime song artist, kalafina bans the glow sticks, which is a staple of anime lives, and generally associated with otaku culture. The general opinion of waving those lights are not positive. There are some who don't even like it when kalafina fans use their hands in place of those sticks. I think the general public might find it intimidating to attend lives where you are expected to learn when to do certain poses. So this was written to assure them that they don't have to.

I'm used to information about lives when one bids for tickets including expectations of behaviour, and for YK / FJ / Kalafina I'm happy just to absorb the performance quietly except when the performers ask the audience to clap along.

[Interestingly at Angela's 30 December 2012 live (with guest Mikako Komatsu), there were also very few glow sticks, but the audience participation was fantastic and in any case it was explained in advance by Atsuko and Katsu (flags, towels...). video of live performance of "Kings" from that night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzUm-PTZww ]

This may be kind of random..., but that Wakana's white dress and green (?) sheet hung on the dress, together with her hairstyle...lol...it's really similar to my dream when I saw her singing in a Greek-like costume..lol. (I think I posted this story in the dream thread..lol.) I like their costume though..^ ^. And really happy that Nozaki was there. Hope they have DVD/BD for this tour... The song lists look nice...=w=.

I don't know if anyone saw this, but someone kindly posted on the Kalafina Facebook group links to some songs (mostly just audio, but you can see bits from the projector here and there) from one of the concerts (not sure which one, but this is the one where Wakana cries during alleluia).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvzHbMFSVc - (Magia, ttb, and lapis)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlhOolcyFc - (misterioso and believe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkw24EsVNk - (ongaku and heavenly blue)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlV04Co-3_4- (alleluia)

Credit to them for the find, but I thought I'd share in case anyone does not follow the Facebook group.

I'm surprised they kept the camera on her. Closeup, no less. From the way she cut in and out for a bit before covering her face, my guess is it was because she was overcome with emotions. Oh Wakana<3 I can understand why so many cried that day.

Back