Kalafina Interview - Japan Lifestyle n°34

Thank Luna, i ll buy Japan Life style 34 as soon as i can : )

@Daima i ve got the ANimeland 193 and it s only one page about kalafina, quite poor :(

Edit : the scanned page here : mini_966385img015.jpg

@ovni : There's also a poster of Consolation inside ^_^ (If you had the chance to buy it at Japan Expo and have it signed by Kalafina, then it might not interest you? xD)

Oh well you're right, one page for Kalafina is a shame x) But I'm glad we have more articles about them!
Thank you very much for the scan! :D

I cannot translate immediately sorry, i ' m not an english expert so this will require some time...

For your information this animeland page was made in collaboration with Japan Life Style magazine one years age, and Japan Life style make one article on Kalafina on issue number 27.
I will take the time to scan it.

I cannot translate immediately sorry, i ' m not an english expert so this will require some time...

For your information this animeland page was made in collaboration with Japan Life Style magazine one years age, and Japan Life style make one article on Kalafina on issue number 27.
I will take the time to scan it.
Its ok take your time! Thank you for all the effort youre putting in to this!

Thanks Ovni! Too late, I already ordered it, but that's not an issue :)
We already have the interview from J.L.S. #25, are you sure there is also something in #27? :@_@:
http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews/kalafina-animagic-japan-lifestyle/

4 questions to Kalafina
Tell us about how you met.
Wakana: Kalafina has been created by Yuki Kajiura (composer for Noir or .hack//sign, editor's note). She was looking for singers to personify her tracks on stage. All the three of us have been selected through auditions. Before Kalafina, we didn't know each other. We met Hikaru at the selections. Keiko and me had already met ourselves because we work under the same management.

How did the name of your band, Kalafina, has been chosen?
Keiko: The name of Kalafina has been found by Yuki Kajiura. It has no special meaning. Even its writing changes: written in kanji in Asia, and in romaji everywhere else in the world. How it sounds is the most important.

How would you describe the Kalafina style?
Hikaru: Kalafina is a mix between several muscial styles. The harmony of the band comes from the mix of our three voices. Wakana's voice is made to sing classical music, whereas Keiko sings in a low register and can't rise in acute. As for me, I have a typical J-pop voice, which some people describe as pure. Fortunately, it fits to Kalafina, because I wouldn't be able to sing rock for example! (laughs)

What can we wish you in the future?

Wakana: Just to keep singing for as many fans as possible, for as many years as possible.

Yes, I find this strange too. Maybe they mean in ideograms in the Chinese world and in hangeul in Korea... but from what I could see it's written in romaji even there.

^ About that, yesterday night when I was ripping my Consolation CD to my laptop (I just got a copy recently), my Media Library was sourcing the CD tracks information from the Taiwanese edition (which I'm not sure why, since the CD I got is the Japanese edition). "Kalafina" appeared in Kanji. So yes, I think in some parts of Asia (maybe Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, etc.) it is written in Kanji.

@ Daiima Maybe it s JLF #25 i will check tonight in my collection ...

Back